If you’re looking to stream HBO Max on Roku smart TV, this is the right place to find all the helpful information. In this step by step guide, you’ll learn 2 ways on how to watch HBO Max on Roku TV right away. Now watch HBO‘s extensive library of movies and shows on any Roku device in 2021/22.
Roku streaming platform is popular for offering the simplest way to entertainment content via its snappy and swift service on your TV. With a catalog of more than 500,000+ movies and TV episodes in various free and paid channel categories, there is no shortage of streaming choices to access through the internet. The following tutorial explains to you how to get HBO Max on your Roku devices without crashing issues.
To set up HBO Max on Roku, you can either choose to sign up for a login account on the web and add the streaming service using the Add Channel menu on your Roku. Or, if you are an existing user having one of Home Box Office‘s older apps previously installed on your Roku, you can directly add HBO Max to your Roku to watch movies and TV shows with a quick update of the app.
Here’s what you need to know before you start watching HBO max on your Roku device(s).
What Is HBO Max?
If you have an access to the HBO cable channel through HBO Go or subscribe to HBO’s streaming service namely HBO Go, you might have noticed a slight change. The parent company decided to merge all the previous offerings into a single new streaming service: HBO Max.
Since its launch back in May 2021, it has emerged as a formidable player in the streaming business – offering substantially more content without raising the subscription price.
Meanwhile, with the flex of its financial muscles, it’s posing a stiff challenge to the likes of Apple TV+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and others. HBO Max features HBO’s original lineup coupled with a big cache of content from famous entertainment companies. Also, you can watch Netflix on Roku.
As a statement of intent, it debuts the entire Warner Bros. 2021 lineup exclusively on the app as it lets you watch existing HBO content, such as The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, besides bringing hundreds of TV shows and movies in addition to Max Originals.
So to capitalize on this upward trajectory, after months of talks, Roku signed an agreement to add HBO Max support thus finally announcing the HBO Max app launched on Roku as it stopped selling HBO through its channel store after the deal.
Is HBO Max Available For Free On Roku?
The short answer is, No. HBO Max starts at $14.00 per month. You can purchase six months plan for $69.99, which saves you about $20 on your subscription.
But, if you are an existing subscriber to HBO NOW, then HBO Max is available at no extra cost. All you need is to enter your current HBO email and password to start watching HBO Max.
Alternatively, if you access HBO as part of your satellite or cable package, just punch in your satellite or cable credentials to sign in to HBO Max.
Why Is HBO Max On Roku Not Working?
The HBO Max app is only compatible with Roku 9.3 and later. Users with older Roku models will need to upgrade their devices. Only those Roku models receiving the latest updates can play HBO Max smoothly.
- How To Install Dolby Home Theater For PC Windows 
- How To Fix Fortnite Matchmaking Error On Any Device 
- Mobdro Not Working: How-To Fix Connection Error On Any Device 
- How To Fix DiskPart Cannot Delete A Protected Partition.
- How To Fix Among Us Old Version Error In 2021
- How To Get Netflix For Free With Network Deals On Verizon And T-Mobile
- Samsung TV Plus APK MOD Android Download Link Latest 2021 [100% Free TV App]
- Install Spectrum TV App On Firestick Amazon Devices In 2 Minutes
- Sky Go On FireStick And Fire TV Guide To Install Latest Version 
- Windows 11 ISO 32 Bit / 64 Bit Download, Features, System Requirements, Release Date, And More!
- Windows 11 ISO Direct Download Links [32 Bit, 64 Bit] Complete Setup Guide
How To Get HBO Max On Roku:
To have HBO on your Roku, you need to download and install the official service on your Roku TV. In this article, I am going to walk you through two ways to get HBO Max app on any Roku device.
Add HBO Max Through Web Browser
To add HBO Max, you can use any web browser. Here are the instructions below:
Step 1 – Head over to the Roku Channel Store. Type in your Roku login username and password to add HBO Max, if prompted.
Step 2 – Enter HBO Max in the Search bar.
Step 3 – In the search result list, select HBO Max.
Step 4 – Now, click on the +Add Channel button to add HBO Max to your Roku device.
Step 5 – That’s it.
You have successfully added the channel to your Roku which you can access from the channel tiles.
Get HBO Max From Your Roku
Here are the steps to download HBO Max on Roku devices:
Step 1 – On your Roku remote control, press the Home button.
Step 2 – Click on the Search Channels option.
Step 3 – Select HBO Max from the list of results.
Step 4 – Next, hit the Add Channel button to install HBO Max on Roku.
Step 5 – Once done, select OK.
Step 6 – That’s all.
The two methods explained above offer easy ways to add hbo max on your roku device. With the channel addition out of the way, see a simple guide about how to watch HBO Max on Roku and Roku Smart TV, below.
How To Watch HBO Max On Roku:
After installing the HBO Max on your Roku, it is available for access on your channel tiles where the rest of the streaming channels are.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Scroll down the list of channels to find HBO Max and select it.
- When you launch it for the first time, log in with the same credentials you used to sign up for service on the HBO Max webpage.
How To Log In HBO Max On Roku:
Those who already have an HBO or HBO Max account can sign into the HBO Max channel using the same login details. For example, AT&T users can use their AT&T account credentials if HBO is acquired through the cellular network. Otherwise, use your cable account information if you have acquired it through your cable provider.
But if you don’t have an HBO Max account, first create an HBO Max account. It’s simple. Go to HBOMax.com in a web browser and hit the Subscribe Now button.
Plus, you can also sign in through the Roku channel you just installed above. For that, see the step below:
- Launch HBO Max channel on your Roku device.
- Select Start Free Trial or Subscribe Now. (Existing HBO Max subscribers can use their current account details and skip the steps below.)
- Now enter the required information and hit the Create Account button.
- Provide your payment info and select the desired subscription plan. HBO Max comes with an ad-free subscription of $14.99 per month and an ad-supported plan for $9.99 per month which you can cancel at any time without any obligations.
You can now start enjoying your favorite movies, shows, documentaries, series, and all other streaming services in the HBO Max bundle.
How To Update HBO Max On Roku Devices:
Already HBO subscribers on HBO Now or HBO Go plans will receive automatic app updates for HBO MAX.
In case the automatic update isn’t working, here’s how to perform it manually:
- Select the HBO Max app but don’t start it.
- On your Roku remote, press the Star button.
- Now click on Check for updates.
- Wait for the process to finish after which HBO Max replaces your HBO app.
- All done.
Now that you have successfully completed the download and install of the HBO Max app on your Roku device you can start watching your favorite movies and Tv shows. I hope this guide proved useful for you in understanding how to watch HBO max on Roku TV devices.
Thanks for reading. Enjoy!