Here is a guide on how to download HBO Shows on iPhone and iPad using the official iOS 12.3 TV app. The iOS 12.3 firmware has brought the new Apple TV channels to all compatible devices. Live streaming of Apple TV channels is just a few taps away with TV App for iOS 12.3 on iPhone and iPad. The app also has a feature that allows HBO subscribers to download content for offline viewing on iPhone and iPad using the TV app.
In order for this guide to work and watch HBO content offline, you need to have a valid subscription of HBO via the TV Channels features instead of HBO Now. This it has to be said is a minor inconvenience, but if you are already a subscriber, make sure to cancel your current plan and sign up again.
How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone And iPad For Offline Viewing Via TV App
If your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS 12.3 or later, follow these steps to download HBO Shows directly onto your device for viewing content offline.
- On your iOS 12.3 device, launch the TV app.
- Swipe down to where it says Apple TV Channels on the interface.
- Now tap the Try it Free button (if you are already a subscriber).
- After confirming that the subscription is valid, select the show that you’d like to download.
- On the show’s home page, swipe down until you see the cloud shaped icon with a downward-facing arrow next to the episode you want to save onto your device.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and go to Library > Downloaded where you will find all the saved episodes for offline viewing.
- That’s it.
You can now start watching the selected video offline. This option is useful if your device is not in the range of a stable WiFi connection, or on public transport such as Airplane or trains. Also, ensure that your device has enough storage space before downloading content.