Here you can now download iOS 16.2 IPSW files to get the final version of the latest iOS firmware. Also, learn how to install iOS 16.2 Final IPSW file and iPadOS 16.2 profile for a fresh start or over-the-air to quickly OTA update your iPhone and iPad.
Download iOS 16.2 Final IPSW Links for free. Direct download links are shared below. This is a follow-up full public update after the previous version release.
This marks an important firmware release from Apple that brings iOS 16.2 enhancements such as a brand new Freeform creativity app, karaoke to Apple Music, and a ton of fresh features, as well as other critical bug fixes to improve operating system stability, and much more.
Moreover, iOS 16.2 improves under-the-hood metrics for better performance on all compatible iOS devices. And if you own an older iOS device, why not download iOS 15.7.2 IPSW for the December 2022 major firmware update for the best user experience.
iOS 16.2 Final Update for iPhone and iPad:
With all the focus currently on the upcoming iOS 16 beta updates, Apple has quietly pushed iOS 16.2 worldwide with a plethora of improvements to its mobile firmware.
As this release brings an iOS 16.2 Apple Music Sing, a new Freeform collaborative notetaking app, new Medications and Sleep Lock Screen widgets, and more, in addition to Advanced Data Protection allowing users to enable additional security features including the encryption of more iCloud data than ever before, you should immediately install this version considering it houses consequential upgrades.
Also, keep in mind that your device will be better positioned for operating system upgrades if it’s running the most recently supported version of the mobile firmware. That’s why we recommend you download iOS 16.2 to stay ahead of the curve and avoid unnecessary upgrade issues later on.
Not to mention, iOS jailbreak fans would want to keep iOS 16.2 IPSW Links saved as it would allow them to restore a jailbreak-compatible firmware version in case a jailbreak solution arrives in the future.
iOS 16 Compatible Devices:
Here is a complete list of devices that are compatible with the iOS 16.2 Final version.
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
iOS 16.2 Release Notes:
Below is a screenshot of release notes accompanying the latest iOS 16.2 firmware.
iOS 16.2 Changelog:
Apart from the features shown in the screenshot above, here is a changelog of everything that’s coming your way with the latest big iOS firmware update from Apple.
- Freeform is a new app for working creatively with friends or colleagues on Mac, iPad, and iPhone
- A flexible canvas lets you add files, images, stickies, and more
- Drawing tools let you sketch anywhere on the canvas with your finger
Apple Music Sing
- A new way to sing along with millions of your favorite songs in Apple Music
- Fully adjustable vocals let you duet with the original artist, sing solo, or mix it up
- Newly enhanced beat-by-beat lyrics make it even easier to follow along with the music
Advanced-Data Protection for iCloud
- New option expands the total number of iCloud data categories protected using end-to-end encryption to 23 — including iCloud Backup, Notes, and Photos — protecting your information even in the case of a data breach in the cloud
- New settings allow you to hide wallpaper or notifications when Always-On display is enabled on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Sleep widget lets you view your most recent sleep data
- Medications widget lets you view reminders and quickly access your schedule
- SharePlay support in Game Center for multiplayer games so you can play with the people you are on a FaceTime call with
- Activity Widget allows you to see what your friends are playing and achieving in games right from your Home Screen
- Live Activities for Apple TV app let you follow your favorite teams with live scores right on your Lock Screen or in Dynamic Island on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Improved reliability and efficiency of communication between your smart home accessories and Apple devices
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved search in Messages allows you to find photos based on their content, like a dog, car, person, or text
- Reload and Show IP Address setting enables iCloud Private Relay users to temporarily disable the service for a specific site in Safari
- News articles in Weather display information relevant to the weather in that location
- Participant Cursors in Notes allow you to see live indicators as others make updates in a shared note
- AirDrop now automatically reverts to Contacts Only after 10 minutes to prevent unwanted requests to receive content
- Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
- Fixes an issue that causes some notes not to sync with iCloud after updates are made
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
iOS 16.2 New Features Video Review:
- Download FM WhatsApp For iPhone Without Jailbreak Update]
- Download TikTok++ iOS Hacked App For iPhone, iPad, iPod Without Jailbreak
- Rsweeps APK/IOS Download Latest Version (Riversweeps Online Casino Official)
- River Monster APK/IOS Download Latest Version (Online Casino Gambling App)
- Clash Of Clans Private Server iOS Download Link [COC Hack]
- Download Instagram++ Hacked IPA On iOS Devices Without Jailbreak
- Instagram Rocket IPA Direct Download Link For iOS iPhone, iPad, iPod
- Eclipse Emulator IOS Download Latest Version With No Revoke For iPhone And iPad
- GameCube Emulator iOS Download For iPhone Without Jailbreak [DolphiniOS GC4iOS IPA]
Download iOS 16.2 Final IPSW Links For iPhone:
Down below are the direct download links for iOS 16.2 IPSW. Keep in mind that this method requires the iTunes program to flash IPSW files meant for your iPhone.
Another thing to note is that the manual IPSW installation method wipes out current data for a fresh start. So be sure to backup existing data to iTunes or iCloud before flashing the iOS 16.2 IPSW file.
iOS 16.2 Final IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation), (3rd Generation)
iPadOS 16.2 Final IPSW Direct Download Links
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (6th generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (5th generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 10.5-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation), iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (5th Generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (7th and 8th generations), 10.2-in. iPad (9th generation | 10th generation)
- 9.7-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
How to Clean Install iOS 16 Using IPSW:
To perform the iOS 16.2 final version clean installation, download the IPSW file from the link above for your device. Once done, follow this step-by-step guide below to perform a clean install iOS 16.2 final on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 1 – Before proceeding, make sure your device is compatible with iOS 16.2 update. Check the list above otherwise you won’t be able to flash iOS 16.2 firmware via either IPSW file or over the air.
Step 2 – This method wipes out current data from your device. Therefore, create a backup of your device data using iCloud or iTunes.
For iTunes backup:
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the little iPhone-like icon on the top left corner of the iTunes interface.
- Now click on the Backup your device button on iTunes.
- That’s it.
- Before starting, make sure there is enough iCloud storage space linked to your account.
- On your iOS device, head over to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Enable the iCloud Backup option by turning the toggle switch to ON position, if it’s turned off.
- Now hit the Back Up Now button.
- The process may take a while depending on the amount of data on your device.
- All done.
Step 3 – Next, to fresh install iOS 16.2 using the IPSW file, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to a computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select your device.
- If you’ve already downloaded the IPSW file and have it saved on your device, press the Shift key (Windows) or the Options key (Mac), and hit the Restore iPhone button.
- Now select iOS 16.2 Final IPSW and let iTunes install it on your device.
- That’s it.
Alternatively, simply click on the Restore iPhone button without pressing any button which will bring up a prompt mentioning a new iOS 16 update is available and iTunes will clean your device to perform a fresh installation.
You can now start using your iPhone or iPad like a brand new device but with the latest iOS 16.2 final version installed on it.
How To Perform iOS 16.2 OTA Update:
The clean install method may not be for everyone due to its complexity. That’s why most would want to install iOS 16.2 using the OTA update method.
Here’s a step-by-step iOS 16.2 OTA update guide:
Step 1 – Grab your iOS device and make sure it is connected to a stable WiFi network.
Step 2 – Navigate to Settings > General and tap on Software Update.
Step 3 – Once the update download shows up, hit the Install Now button.
Step 4 – This will initiate the OTA update download straight onto your device.
Step 5 – All done.
So that’s everything you need to know about where to download the iOS 16.2 Final IPSW files with instructions to clean install iOS 16.2 using IPSW or via OTA on your iPhone or iPad. You can find out more about this update on the Apple Support page.
What are your thoughts about this latest iOS firmware update? Share your views with us in the comments box below.