Here you can now download iOS 16.1 IPSW files to get the final version of the latest iOS firmware. Also, learn how to install iOS 16.1 Final IPSW file and iPadOS 16.1 profile for a fresh start or over-the-air to quickly OTA update your iPhone and iPad.
Download iOS 16.1 Final IPSW Links for free. Direct download links are shared below. This is a follow-up full public update after the previous version release.
This marks an important firmware release from Apple that brings iOS 16.1 features such as Live Activities, iCloud Shared Photo Library, Matter support, Battery icon update, as well as other critical bug fixes to improve operating system stability, and much more.
Moreover, iOS 15.6.1 improves under-the-hood metrics for better performance on all compatible iOS devices. And if you own an older iOS device, why not download iOS 12.5.6 IPSW for the September 2022 major firmware update for the best user experience.
Table of Contents
iOS 16.1 Final Update for iPhone and iPad:
With all the focus currently on the upcoming iOS 16 beta updates, Apple has pushed iOS 16.1 worldwide with a plethora of improvements to its mobile firmware.
As this release brings several big iOS 16.1 new features, you should immediately install this version considering it houses consequential upgrades.
Also, keep in mind that your device will be better positioned for operating system upgrades if it’s running the most recently supported version of the mobile firmware. That’s why we recommend you download iOS 16.1 to stay ahead of the curve and avoid unnecessary upgrade issues later on.
Not to mention, iOS jailbreak fans would want to keep iOS 16.1 IPSW Links saved as it would allow them to restore a jailbreak compatible firmware version in case a jailbreak solution arrives in the future.
iOS 16 Compatible Devices:
Here is a complete list of devices that are compatible with the iOS 16.1 Final version.
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
iOS 16.1 Release Notes:
Below is a screenshot of release notes accompanying the latest iOS 16.1 firmware.
iOS 16.1 Changelog:
Apart from the features shown in the screenshot above, here is a changelog of everything that’s coming your way with the latest big iOS firmware update from Apple.
iCloud Shared Photo Library
- Separate library for seamlessly sharing photos and videos with up to five other people
- Setup rules allow you to easily contribute past photos based on start date or people in the photos when you set up or join a library
- Library filters for quickly switching between viewing the Shared Library, your Personal Library, or both libraries together
- Shared edits and permissions let everyone add, edit, favorite, caption, and delete photos
- Sharing toggle in Camera lets you choose to send photos you take straight to the Shared Library, or enable a setting to share automatically when other participants are detected nearby using Bluetooth
- Live Activities from third party apps are available in the Dynamic Island and on the Lock Screen for iPhone 14 Pro models
- Apple Fitness+ is supported on iPhone even if you don’t have an Apple Watch
- Key sharing enables you to securely share car, hotel room, and other keys in Wallet using messaging apps such as Messages and WhatsApp
- Savings account enables Apple Card customers to grow their Daily Cash by depositing it in a high yield savings account
- Matter, the new smart home connectivity standard, is supported enabling a wide variety of smart home accessories to work together across ecosystems
Clean Energy Charging
- New setting that can try to reduce your carbon footprint by selectively charging when lower carbon emission electricity is available
- Reader controls are automatically hidden as you start reading
This update also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
- Deleted conversations may appear in the conversations list in Messages
- Dynamic Island content is not available when using Reachability
- CarPlay may fail to connect when using a VPN app
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
iOS 16.1 New Features Video Review:
- Download FM WhatsApp For iPhone Without Jailbreak Update]
- Download TikTok++ iOS Hacked App For iPhone, iPad, iPod Without Jailbreak
- Rsweeps APK/IOS Download Latest Version (Riversweeps Online Casino Official)
- River Monster APK/IOS Download Latest Version (Online Casino Gambling App)
- Clash Of Clans Private Server iOS Download Link [COC Hack]
- Download Instagram++ Hacked IPA On iOS Devices Without Jailbreak
- Instagram Rocket IPA Direct Download Link For iOS iPhone, iPad, iPod
- Eclipse Emulator IOS Download Latest Version With No Revoke For iPhone And iPad
- GameCube Emulator iOS Download For iPhone Without Jailbreak [DolphiniOS GC4iOS IPA]
Download iOS 16.1 Final IPSW Links For iPhone:
Down below are the direct download links for iOS 16.1 IPSW. Keep in mind that this method requires the iTunes program to flash IPSW files meant for your iPhone.
Another thing to note is that the manual IPSW installation method wipes out current data for a fresh start. So be sure to backup existing data to iTunes or iCloud before flashing the iOS 16.1 IPSW file.
iOS 16.1 Final IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation), (3rd Generation)
iPadOS 16.1 Final IPSW Direct Download Links
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (5th-gen, 4th-gen, 3rd-gen, 2nd-gen, 1st-gen)
- 11-inch iPad Pro (3rd-gen, 2nd-gen, 1st-gen)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (5th-gen, 6th-gen, 7th-gen, 8th-gen, 9th-gen)
- iPad Air (2nd-gen, 3rd-gen, 4th-gen, 5th-gen)
- iPad mini (4th-gen, 5th-gen, 6th-gen)
How to Clean Install iOS 16 Using IPSW:
To perform the iOS 16.1 final version clean installation, download the IPSW file from the link above for your device. Once done, follow this step-by-step guide below to perform a clean install iOS 16.1 final on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 1 – Before proceeding, make sure your device is compatible with iOS 16.1 update. Check the list above otherwise you won’t be able to flash iOS 16.1 firmware via either IPSW file or over the air.
Step 2 – This method wipes out current data from your device. Therefore, create a backup of your device data using iCloud or iTunes.
For iTunes backup:
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the little iPhone-like icon on the top left corner of the iTunes interface.
- Now click on the Backup your device button on iTunes.
- That’s it.
- Before starting, make sure there is enough iCloud storage space linked to your account.
- On your iOS device, head over to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Enable the iCloud Backup option by turning the toggle switch to ON position, if it’s turned off.
- Now hit the Back Up Now button.
- The process may take a while depending on the amount of data on your device.
- All done.
Step 3 – Next, to fresh install iOS 16.1 using the IPSW file, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to a computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select your device.
- If you’ve already downloaded the IPSW file and have it saved on your device, press the Shift key (Windows) or the Options key (Mac), and hit the Restore iPhone button.
- Now select iOS 16.1 Final IPSW and let iTunes install it on your device.
- That’s it.
Alternatively, simply click on the Restore iPhone button without pressing any button which will bring up a prompt mentioning a new iOS 16 update is available and iTunes will clean your device to perform a fresh installation.
You can now start using your iPhone or iPad like a brand new device but with the latest iOS 16.1 final version installed on it.
How To Perform iOS 16.1 OTA Update:
The clean install method may not be for everyone due to its complexity. That’s why most would want to install iOS 16.1 using the OTA update method.
Here’s a step-by-step iOS 16.1 OTA update guide:
Step 1 – Grab your iOS device and make sure it is connected to a stable WiFi network.
Step 2 – Navigate to Settings > General and tap on Software Update.
Step 3 – Once the update download shows up, hit the Install Now button.
Step 4 – This will initiate the OTA update download straight onto your device.
Step 5 – All done.
So that’s everything you need to know about where to download the iOS 16.1 Final IPSW files with instructions to clean install iOS 16.1 using IPSW or via OTA on your iPhone or iPad. You can find out more about this update on the Apple Support page.
What are your thoughts about this latest iOS firmware update? Share your views with us in the comments box below.