Path of Exile Mobile along with Path of Exile 2 is coming soon! That’s according to the developers of the massively multiplayer role-playing game. Both titles were officially announced a few years ago at ExileCon before the COVID pandemic-induced delays halted progress. Based on a radical underlying engine overhaul, the development work on the mobile version of Path of Exile is currently in progress. Keep reading to get a picture of gameplay elements, announcement video, and more about the upcoming action-packed RPG titles from Grinding Gear Games.
After years of delays due to reasons extraneous factors, Path of Exile Mobile and Path of Exile 2 will finally be playable at ExileCon 2023. Right on cue, ExileCon 2023 will also mark the return of the yearly convention after the absence of a couple of years due to the pandemic; those interested can purchase tickets now available on the official website. As for the places and dates, the convention is going to take place in Auckland, New Zealand, on July 29-30, 2023.
However, the creators are opting for a different approach this time regarding the overall theme. Instead of being a brand-new game designed from scratch, a new campaign is all that’s likely to be the main attraction.
That said, the team handling all the creative duties promises a significantly improved playing experience thanks to a full engine revamp for both physics and graphics in addition to a boatload of improvements to the existing gameplay that one might associate with a sequel.
- Path of Exile 2 is a new seven-act storyline that is available alongside the original Path of Exile 1 campaign. Both the old and new storyline lead to the same shared Atlas endgame. Path of Exile 2 retains all expansion content that has been created over the last six years and introduces a new skill system, ascendancy classes, engine improvements, and more.
- Since the death of Kitava, society has been slowly rebuilding. Ambitious men rise to fill the void and their thirst for power is once again corrupting Wraeclast.
- Path of Exile 2’s characters are a new set of Exiles who fall into the same class archetypes as those in the original game. As such, they can pick from a set of 19 new Ascendancy Classes that differ from the old ones that are still available in the Path of Exile 1 campaign.
- Path of Exile 2 introduces the next generation of Path of Exile’s iconic skill system. Support Gems are now socketed directly into Skill Gems, removing many of the frustrations present in the old system while maintaining all the previous depth. It’s now possible to six-link every skill your character uses.
- The entire progression of armour and weapons has been redone from start to finish, alongside entirely new character models and animations. All of your old microtransactions are still compatible.
Although it will be quite some time before fans of the game can get their hands on their favorite title, meanwhile you can feast your eyes on the preview trailer below.
And here is the Path of Exile Mobile official announcement trailer below. This project is in development in-house. But there is no information about the release date, yet.
In the meantime, developers are busy updating content in the current game. Lake of Kalandra brings new expansion to the ongoing storyline on PC, Mac, Xbox, and PlayStation.
The update includes new additions in the Atlas endgame, modifications to Harvest, a new Challenge League, 100+ buffed existing uniques, four new games, Beyond and Archnemesis, a variety of tweaks, 14 new unique items, and much more. Find more info here.