Microsoft has rolled out the latest OS update for Xbox One S and Xbox One X gaming consoles. Users of either of the two gaming consoles can download the version 10.0.17763.4085 from the official source. This is a major firmware update that brings 4K visual performance improvement in games along with other advancements in 4K video pipeline for Xbox One apps, such as Netflix and more. See the official changelog release with the update below.
Xbox One OS version 10.0.17763,4085 codenamed rs5_release_xbox_dev_ 1902.190131-1620 is now available for Xbox One S and Xbox One X users. 4K gaming experience gets better with under-the-hood improvements in the source code of the main Xbox One operating system.
Beside ‘improved 4K visual performance in games’, the home screen dashboard gets the interface facelift. Another important refinement is in the video pipeline for apps that will allow them to operate at their maximum capacity, which means Netflix and other streaming applications will be able to display 4K content with better accuracy and in true-depth.
Here is the release note of this Xbox One update:
- Added reliability fixes to Cortana.
- Unplugging a headset during video playback no longer results in audio loss before video playback freezes.
- Made audio system upgrades when switching from Home to a game or app.
- Improved Cortana responsiveness to commands.
- Fixed an issue that caused some consoles to crash unexpectedly.
- Improved performance on the Home Dashboard.
- Improved mouse responsiveness to reduce lag.
My games and apps
- Improved the installation experience for various FastStart titles.
- Fixed a problem in some games (e.g. Resident Evil 0) in which cutscenes would fail and the game would lock.
- Fixes an issue to ensure certain apps like the Avatar Editor and Microsoft Rewards work on first launch.
- Fixed an issue in which some people received the E203 error when taking a system update.
- Improved performance on the network port.
- Improved performance and reliability on the save game feature when games are suspended.
- Improved speed and performance of My games & apps.
- Improved idle screen performance.
- Improved 4K visual performance in games.
- Improved the performance of the guide on Home.
- Made improvements to the 4K video pipeline so that apps like Netflix display 4K content correctly.