In this guide, you’ll learn how to easily install Dolby Atmos on Android smartphone or tablet. The instructions in this tutorial apply to both rooted and non-rooted devices. But first let me give you a brief overview of Dolby Atmos.
Dolby Atmos is the modern surround sound technology. It is based on next-generation sound mechanics designed to deliver the best music experience. Originally, Digital Dolby Atmos was conceived and made for cinemas to relay high-quality sound to every corner of the hall. It’s success pushed developers to release the same Dolby Atmos technology for Android devices. Initially, it was available on a handful of smartphones, such as Lenove A7000. But you can now Install Dolby Atmos on any Android device. Android developers have managed to crack the code of Dolby Atmos from Lenovo A7000 which you can port to other Android devices.
Also Read: 11×11: New Season Mod Apk Unlocked Android
Having said that, it is recommended that you install Dolby Atmos on Rooted Android device for best results. However, if you’re not comfortable with going down the root path, you can also install Dolby Atmos on Android without root. Here’s how to go about it.
Installing Dolby Atmos On Android
Let’s start with non-rooted method, since most users have non-rooted devices. Installing Dolby Atmos on Android without root access is like installing any normal application.
Dolby Atmos on Android 8.0
Users of any Android smartphone, including the latest Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, can get the Dolby Atmos experience on their devices. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ are compatible with the Dolby Atmos, this means you can follow the instructions below to install the surround sound mod on Samsung smartphones.
Dolby Atmos on Android Oreo
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device.
- Download Dolby Atmos file and save it to your device’s internal storage.
- Create a complete backup of your device data as an insurance policy to restore it if things don’t go south during the setup.
- Now boot your device into recovery mode, tap on Install, locate the Dolby Atomis file and install it.
- Once the installation is over, reboot your device.
So this is how you install Dolby Atmost on Android 8.0 Oreo. If your device enters bootloop, you need to factory reset it and restore the backup to get it back to the previous working condition.
Install Dolby Atmost On Android Devices [No Root]
- Download the latest Dolby Atmos APK file from this link here and save it to your device’s storage.
- Allow your device to run apps downloaded from unknown sources outside the Google Play Store. For this, go to Settings > Security > turn ON Unknown Sources toggle switch.
- Using any file manager, locate the Dolby Atmos APK file and tap on it.
- This will start Dolby Atmos download on your device. Simply follow on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Now open Google Play Music app on your device and go to its Settings menu.
- Here you need to disable default equalizer of your Android phone.
- Now in Google Play Music app, go to Settings > equalizer > enable Dolby Atmos.
- Reboot your device. Once done, open Google Play Music app and enjoy the amazing Dolby Atmos sound.
Install Dolby Atmos On Rooted Android Devices
On rooted Android devices, the installation method is a bit more complex than on non-rooted smartphones and tablets. But don’t worry, we will guide you through every step of the way by explaining the process in simplest possible terms in following steps.
- A rooted Android device
- Bootloader unlocked
- Custom recovery installed
- Dolby Atmos Zip file
Steps to Install Dolby Atmos on Rooted Android via Custom Recovery
- Create a backup of your device data so that it can be restored if the installation messes up with your device.
- Download the Dolby Atmos ZIP file.
- Turn off your device and boot into the recovery mode by pressing a physical key combination.
- In TRWP recovery, tap on Install button.
- Locate and select the Dolby Atmos ZIP file and swipe to flash it.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once done, go back to the main menu and wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your device to finalize chances.
More from us: Google ARCore Apk for Galaxy S9 and S9+ – Download Free
How To Uninstall Dolby Atmos on Android
If you have changed your mind about Dolby Atmos, follow the steps below to Uninstall Dolby Atmos on Android with and without root.
Uninstall Dolby Atmos on Non-Rooted Android Device
- Go to Settings > Applications / Applications Manager > All Apps.
- Scroll down and locate Dolby Atmos.
- Tap on Dolby Atmos to open its settings.
- On Android Marshmallow or later, tap Dolby Atmos > Storage to open cache and data options.
- Tap on Uninstall button.
Uninstall Dolby Atmos on Rooted Android Device
- Download Dolby Atmos uninstaller ZIP file and save it to your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into recovery.
- Tap on Install button.
- Locate the downloaded ZIP file and tap to install it.
- Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your device.
That’s it. You now know how to Install and Uninstall Dolby Atmos on Android. For further assistance, send your questions in the comments below.