Netflix is the biggest online streaming platform for TV shows and movies. It operates in more than 150 countries of the world. Likewise, Kodi, the most popular media center and needs no introduction. What if you can get the best of both worlds in one place? In this tutorial, I am going to discuss everything you need to know about how to Install Netflix On Kodi and enjoy unlimited entertainment. In the solution below, I am going to use an unofficial Netflix add-on, NetfliXBMC for Kodi, that allows you to access and watch Netflix on Kodi. This way you can easily configure Netflix on Kodi and watch all your favorite shows and flicks.
It’s a no brainer that having the world’s best online streaming service on the powerful media center tool enhances the viewing pleasure. Having a valid Netflix subscription to use with NetfliXBMC Kodi add-on allows you to access everything in your Kodi library, Netflix content coupled with full access to all add-on features.
First of all, I am going to provide a brief overview of Netflix. In the succeeding section, you’ll learn how to install the NetflixXBMC add-on and how to use NetflixXBMC to watch Netflix on Kodi.
Keep reading to learn how to access Netflix through Kodi without geographical restriction on content. This means you can watch US and UK Netflix content in any country.
What is Netflix?
Netflix streaming service was founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph. Initially, Netflix was an online DVD rental business. Its success attracted almost four and half million registered users by 2005. Following on the upward trajectory, Netflix started streaming service in 2007 thus ushering in a new age of online streaming of movies and TV shows instantly on the computer.
Netflix popularity led to the expansion of the service which is now available on virtually every digital platform, such as Android, iOS, PC, Mac, smart TV, media boxes, streaming players, gaming consoles, and even on Kodi via the NetfliXBMC. Netflix is currently streaming content in 190 countries.
Netflix entered content production besides its streaming service back in 2013. Netflix exclusives, known as Netflix Originals, are the TV shows and movies produced by Netflix. Exclusive content is considered to be of very high quality for any streaming service. You might have heard about shows like Black Mirror, Stranger Things, American Crime Story: People vs O.J. Simpson, Orange is the new Black, The Crown, House of Cards, Jessica Jones, The Punisher, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Defenders to name a few.
What is NetfliXMBC Addon For Kodi?
The NetfliXMBC is a Kodi add-on for watching Netflix on devices that support the popular media center tool. With the help of this Kodi Netflix addon, you will be able to stream your favorite movies and shows on Kodi. NetfliXMBC is a user-friendly tool which gives you access to unrestricted Netflix content.
Although there is a Netflix addon in Kodi’s built-in repository, a VPN will still be required to unlock content not available in your region. If interested, see the instructions below to install Netflix Kodi via an addon and get the popular streaming service via VPN.
- Netflix Free Account And Password Generator [Latest]
- Netflix Cookies 2018 (20 Trusted Premium Cookies) 100% Working
- How To Watch 1080p Full HD Netflix Streaming In Chrome And Firefox Web Browser
Enable Unknown Sources
Before installing any third-party add-on in Kodi, unknown sources must be enabled, This setting is disabled by default. Here are the steps:
- Click the Settings icon on Kodi home screen. This is the little gear icon at the top left of the screen.
- In Settings, click System settings.
- On the next System Settings screen, click add-ons on the left side menu and toggle the Unknown Sources switch to ON position if it’s disabled.
Install Netflix For Kodi On Windows PC
- Download the repo called alelec from this link here.
- Go to the Kodi home screen and click on Add-Ons. Next, select Package Installer in the top-left corner of the interface followed by clicking install from zip file.
- Click the alelec repo .zip file and extract its content.
- Back on the Add-ons menu, head over to Install from repository > alelec Kodi repo > Video Add-ons.
- Now click on NetfliXMBC to begin the Netflix addon installation process.
- Go back to the main Kodi home menu, and go to Video > Add-Ons > NetfliXMBC.
- A new window will popup prompting you to enter your Netflix username and password.
- That’s all. You can now watch Netflix on Kodi PC Windows.
Enjoy all your favorite Netflix exclusive shows, movies and documentaries on Kodi for PC. Also note once the Netflix addon is set up, you will need a VPN tool, such as Express VPN or Cyber Ghost, to bypass region-lock to watch content exclusive to US and UK.
Install Kodi Netflix On Android
Follow these steps to install Kodi on Android-powered smartphone, tablet, smart TV, and phablet.
- Go to the Google Play Store and Download Kodi app.
- Install Kodi on your Android device and launch it.
- Next step is to Download the alelec repo.
- Tap on Package Installer > install from zip file.
- Next, tap on zip file for alelec repository to extract it.
- Return to the main Add-ons menu, and navigate to Install from repository > alelec Kodi repo > Video Add-ons.
- Tap on NetfliXMBC to start the installation of the Netflix addon.
- Back on the main home screen on Kodi, head over to Video > Add-Ons > NetfliXMBC.
- A new window will show up asking you to enter your Netflix login credentials. Enter your username and password.
- That’s all. You can now watch Netflix for Kodi.
Install Netflix for Kodi On Firestick
Here is how to get Netflix for Kodi Firestick. For this, begin by installing Kodi on your FireTV. Here is how you can set up Netflix on Firestick Kodi.
Install ES File Explorer
- On your Firestick device, navigate to Settings > System > Developer Options and turn on ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources.
- Back in the main home screen, click Search and type ES Explorer.
- Download ES Explorer by clicking on its icon.
- Launch ES Explorer and click the Favorite tab and then click Add.
- In the window that pops up, type in this path: http://fireunleashed.com/as and name it Fire.
- Now click the Add button.
- Return to the Favorite tab and click Fire.
- On the tab in the right side, select the Click Here To Install AppStarter to start the file download.
- Once the download is finished, grab your remote and press the Select button and then select Open File option from the menu that pops up.
- Next, click AppStarter APK to start the app install process and follow the on-screen instructions until its complete.
- In the end, click on Open to launch.
- That’s it.
Install Kodi Netflix On FireTV
- Get the alelec repo zip file from this link here.
- In the main home screen on Kodi, select System > Settings.
- Click Add-Ons > install from zip file.
- Select alelec zip file and unzip it.
- Back on the previous menu, select Install from repository > alelec Kodi repo > Program Add-Ons.
- Choose Chrome Launcher and wait for the add-on enabled message to pop up on the screen.
- From the Add-ons menu, click Install from repository > alelec Kodi repo > VideoAdd.
- Here, select and click on NetfliXMBX to install Netflix Kodi addon.
- Go back to home screen, and then navigate to Videos > Add-Ons > NetfliXMBC to open Netflix Addon for Kodi.
- Enter your Netflix login credentials, when prompted and watch Netflix on Kodi.
- That’s all.
You can now stream Netflix via Kodi on FireTV. Remember to bypass geolocation restrictions for watching Netflix America, you need to use a VPN tool. For more assistance, drop your queries in the comments box below.