Here you can now download iOS 12.4 IPSW files for the final version of latest iOS firmware. Also learn how to install iOS 12.4 Final IPSW for a fresh start or over-the-air to quickly OTA update your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Links for free. Direct download links are shared below. This is a follow-up full public update after a series of beta update testing.
This is an important firmware release from Apple that brings the auto feature to help users automatically transfer data from their current device over to the new one wirelessly.
iOS 12.4 also improves under-the-hood stability and performance metrics for better performance on all compatible iOS devices. While you are here, why not download iOS 13 full version IPSW for September 2019 major firmware update with the dark mode and many other improved features.
iOS 12.4 Final Update for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch:
With all the focus currently on the upcoming iOS 13 beta updates, Apple has quietly pushed iOS 12.4 worldwide with a few incremental improvements to its mobile firmware.
iOS 13 is still a few months away, but that doesn’t mean the current version hasn’t stopped receiving attention from the Cupertino tech company.
Keep in mind that your device will be better positioned for iOS 13 installation if it’s running the most recent version of the mobile firmware. That’s why we recommend you download iOS 12.4 in order to stay ahead of the curve and avoid unnecessary upgrade issues later on.
Not to mention, iOS jailbreak fans would want to keep iOS 12.4 IPSW Links saved as it would allow them to restore a jailbreak compatible firmware version in case a jailbreak solution arrives in the future.
iOS 12 Compatible Devices:
Here is a complete list of devices that are compatible with iOS 12.4 Final version.
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE and iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (both generations)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro and 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad 6 and iPad 5
- iPad Air 2 and iPad Air
- iPad mini 2, 3 and 4
- iPod touch 6th-generation
iOS 12.4 Release Notes:
Below is the screenshot of release notes accompanying the latest iOS 12.4 firmware.
iOS 12.4 Changelog:
Apart from the features shown in the screenshot above, Apple News app gets new additions to its functionality. Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie security fix removes bugs that resulted in unexpected crashes.
– Makes downloaded issues accessible in the My Magazines section, both offline and online
– Adds all publications in Apple News+, including newspapers, to the catalog at the top of the News+ feed
– Adds the ability to clear downloaded magazine issues by selecting History > Clear > Clear All
Other improvements and fixes
– Includes a security fix for the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch and re-enables Walkie-Talkie functionality
iOS 12.4 New Features Video Review:
The main feature that would interest many is the inclusion of a new wireless setup that makes it possible to quickly transfer iPhone data from one device to another over-the-air.
Rumors were rife with speculations that Apple Card support would be part of this flight but for some reason, the feature didn’t make the cut.
- FaceApp Pro Apk Mod Filters Unlocked Version 126.96.36.199 [July 2019]
- How To Fix Fortnite Loading And Crashing Issue On iOS
- Download Uncover 3.3.7 IPA for iOS 12 – 12.2 Jailbreak
- Download unc0ver 3.3.0 Jailbreak IPA for iOS 12.2
- Download Chimera Jailbreak for iOS 12.2
- Jailbreak iOS 12.3 Beta Using Official Chimera IPA
- Download FaceApp Pro for PC
Download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
Down below are the direct download links for iOS 12.4 IPSW. Keep in mind that this method requires iTunes program to flash IPSW file meant for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch model.
Another thing to note is that the manual IPSW installation method wipes out current data for a fresh start. So be sure to backup existing data to iTunes or iCloud before flashing iOS 12.4 IPSW file.
iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Direct Download Links:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE and iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd-Generation)
- iPad 5 and iPad 6
- iPad mini 5 and iPad Air 3
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9 (1st-Generation)
- iPad Air and iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6
- iPod touch 7
How to Clean Install iOS 12 Using IPSW:
To perform iOS 12.4 final version clean installation, download the IPSW file from the link above for your device.
Once done, follow this step-by-step guide below to perform a clean install iOS 12.4 final on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Step 1 – Before proceeding, make sure your device is compatible with iOS 12. Check the list above otherwise you won’t be able to flash iOS 12.4 firmware via either IPSW file or over the air.
Step 2 – This method wipes out current data from your device. Therefore, create a backup your device data using iCloud or iTunes.
For iTunes backup:
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the little iPhone-like icon on the top left corner of the iTunes interface.
- Now click on the Backup your device button on iTunes.
- That’s it.
- Before starting, make sure there is enough iCloud storage space linked to your account.
- On your iOS device, head over to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Enable the iCloud Backup option by turning the toggle switch to ON position, if it’s turned off.
- Now hit the Back Up Now button.
- The process may take a while depending on the amount of data on your device.
- All done.
Step 3 – Next, to fresh install iOS 12 using the IPSW file, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to a computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select your device.
- If you’ve already downloaded the IPSW file and have it saved on your device, press the Shift key (Windows) or the Options key (Mac), and hit the Restore iPhone button.
- Now select the iOS 12.4 Final IPSW and let iTunes install it on your device.
- That’s it.
Alternatively, simply click on the Restore iPhone button without pressing any button which will bring up a prompt mentioning a new iOS 12 update is available and iTunes will clean your device to perform a fresh installation.
You can now start using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch like a brand new device but with the latest iOS 12.4 final version installed on it.
How To Perform iOS 12.4 OTA Update:
Clean install method may not be for everyone due to its complexity. That’s why most would want to install iOS 12 using the OTA update method.
Here’s a step-by-step iOS 12.4 OTA update guide:
Step 1 – Grab your iOS device and make sure it is connected to a stable WiFi network.
Step 2 – Navigate to Settings > General and tap on Software Update.
Step 3 – Once the update download shows up, hit the Download and Install button.
Step 4 – This will initiate the OTA update download straight onto your device.
Step 5 – All done.
So that’s everything you need to know about where to download iOS 12.4 Final IPSW file with instructions to clean install iOS 12.4 using IPSW or via OTA on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. You can find out more about this update on the Apple Support page.
What are your thoughts about this latest iOS firmware update? Share your views with us in the comments box below.