Here is a step-by-step guide on how to easily logout from Facebook Messenger on your Android and iOS smartphone. We all know that it is not as straightforward to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone devices. But if you follow simple instructions in the tutorial below you can quickly logout of messenger on mobile.
You will find this post useful if you are looking for a solution to questions such as how to logout Facebook Messenger, how to logout from Facebook Messenger, how to log out of messenger on Android, or how to logout from messenger on iPhone.
But before that, let me provide a brief overview of the popularity of Facebook Messenger.
What Is Facebook Messenger?
As you probably know Messenger has simplified digital communication for people looking to connect with their loved ones, friends, and acquaintances.
With just one tap, you can send an instant message similar to WhatsApp and other platforms.
There are plenty of in-app features in the official app to help users communicate in a variety of ways. For instance, you can use video and voice chat features depending on whatever is convenient for you in a given situation.
In one package, you find all the chatting tools to improve your interaction with contacts. So there is no need to have any other alternative installed on your smartphone.
Why Logout Facebook Messenger:
If you have installed the Facebook application on your iOS or Android handset, likely you have Messenger on your phone as well.
However, both the apps require the same account to log in.
That said, sometimes you might want to sign in using different accounts in the Facebook app and the Messenger app.
We all know that having an “Active” status constantly showing could result in misunderstanding if the sender waiting for your reply doesn’t receive a prompt reply, especially while you’re away busy with something else.
This is why you should consider logging out of Facebook Messenger to disable the “Active” status. This brings us to another issue we are going to discuss below. So keep reading.
- How To Use Tinder Account Without Facebook Profile
- How To Delete Sent Messages On Facebook Messenger
- Fix Facebook Has Stopped On Android Using These Methods
- How To Verify If Your Facebook Account Data Is Safe From Hack
- How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode In The Official App
- Download FM WhatsApp For iPhone Without Jailbreak
- Download TikTok++ iOS Hacked App For iPhone, iPad, iPod Without Jailbreak
- TikTok++ Android App Download Link [TikTok MOD APK]
Problem WIth Logging Out Of Messenger:
For some reason, the Messenger app doesn’t make it easy to logout of it. The option to log out is not easily accessible. If you head over to the Messenger settings, you will see options like security, Switch Account, etc., but no logout button. In this case, the only course of action left is to delete the Messenger account.
But deleting Messenger is not a practical solution if you want to keep using the app. Knowing how to log out from Messenger on Android and iPhone presents a better recourse to the above-mentioned conundrum. All you have to do is to perform a little trick explained below.
We have tried both methods on devices running Android and iOS operating systems. And we are glad to inform you that they just work.
Here’s how to do it now.
How To Logout From Facebook Messenger On iPhone:
- Launch the Facebook application on your iPhone.
- In the lower right of the Facebook app, tap the options button and scroll down to locate Account Settings.
- In Account Settings, hit the Security button.
- When in the Security menu, tap the Where you’re logged in option.
- The next menu shows a list of all the devices and platforms you’re logged in to.
- Now find the Facebook Messenger session in the list and delete it.
- Once deleted, open Messenger where you’ll find out that your account is logged out.
- That’s it.
How To Logout From Facebook Messenger On Android:
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- In the Settings menu, tap Application Manager or Applications.
- Then navigate to Applications > All Applications or Running Applications.
- Scroll down the list of apps to find Messenger.
- Select Messenger and tap the clear data button. If your device is running on Android 6.0.1 or higher, tap Storage > Clear Data.
- Clearing app data will remove your account from Messenger which will then ask you to log in again.
- You can now open Messenger and log in using a different account other than the one you have just logged out of.
- That’s all.
So that’s all you need to know to easily logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone and use a different account to log back in on the same device.