Xiaomi has announced the release of its first major MIUI 12 firmware update for 2021. The MIUI 12.5 mobile operating system will support 28 devices that fall under the banner of the Xiaomi brand in the Mi, Redmi, and POCO categories. Here is everything you need to know about the Xiaomi MIUI 12.5 global update for mobile and tablet outside mainland China, which was first unveiled at the Chinese Mi 11 launch event back in December 2020.
There are plenty of attractive additions in the MIUI 12.5 Global Version when it comes to features intended to enhance the usability of the Xiaomi mobile firmware. Main among the new inclusions is a new completely revamped haptic feedback system with realistic touch effects.
Other highlights include better performance, improvements to gestures, enhanced Xiaomi service apparatus, UI uplift, and much more.
The global version will roll out in stages. The first batch of selected flagships will receive the update in the second quarter of 2021. Other notable Xiaomi devices will get the same treatment at a later point in time this year.
Reduced CPU And Battery Consumption:
Perhaps the most important attribute of MIUI 12.5 is its SystemUI Rewrite designed to optimize CPU core usage to improve performance on a repurposed user interface.
The 22% processor efficiency gains top up with the OS optimization that delivers a 15% power consumption reduction over the previous versions of the firmware.
In the past, firmware executed gestures and proceeding tasks on a single thread, hampering CPU speed due to overwork. Thankfully, starting MIUI 12.5, gestures workload transfers over to a separate thread, affording CPU ample breathing space to handle main tasks without lag.
Unloading System Apps:
MIUI 12.5 now allows uninstalling system applications. Users get the ability to hide the apps engraved in the system core on their Xiaomi devices.
Apps that are eligible for uninstalling include Notes, Mi Calculator, Scanner, Weather, Mi Recorder, Compass, and more. Whereas, users can now hide Themes, Mi File Manager, Mi Music, and Downloads.
For comparison, here is a screenshot showing how this MIUI 12.5 feature fares with those on mobile firmware from other manufacturers:
These major enhancements accompany a slew of other tweaks in visual and functional departments, more secure permission management options, clipboard control settings, and several other OS areas now more polished than their predecessors.
In short, Xiaomi’s new MIUI 12.5 OS promises to provide more performance while consuming fewer system resources and battery juice.
- Fouad WhatsApp APK Free Download Latest Android Version 14.11.2 [2021 Update]
- FM WhatsApp APK for Android Version 8.70 (2021 Update)
- Tiktok Video Downloader APK Free Latest Version For Android
- TikTok++ Android App Download Link [TikTok MOD APK]
Xiaomi MIUI 12.5 Release Notes:
Here is a complete changelog for the MIUI 12.5 update 2021:
- New: Response to gestures is now instant
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limited to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- System Animations:
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design focuses on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- System Sounds:
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- Super Wallpapers:
- New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
- Privacy Protection:
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save texts, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamix layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from your phone can be handed off to your computer.
- The items copied on a phone can now be pasted on the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be instantly used on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly handed over from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI+” panel on your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computers.
- Floating Windows:
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- Learn more about new features in “Special features”/
- Xiaomi Health:
- New: You can measure your heart rate using the camera now.
- New: Start recording running, walking, and cycling workouts manually, and enjoy lots of online workout classes.
- Optimization: Automatic workout recognition is much more accurate now.
- Home screen:
- New: “Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- New: “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: New design for app folders.
- New: A vertical layout for Recents.
- New: The aspect ratio is adjusted to the external monitor automatically during casting.
- New: The audio of the app that’s being cast in a floating window is separated from other audio.
- Xiaomi Cloud:
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- Mi Carrier Services:
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
- Mi Family:
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- Optimization: Revamped device control center.
- Optimization: Local search results are sorted automatically now.
- Optimization: All-new design.
MIUI 12.5 Rollout Timetable And Supported Devices:
According to MI Community, the roadmap detailing the rollout schedule for the MIUI 12.5 update via stable channel starts April 2021.
The stable release of the UI will arrive in two waves. The first one starts in Q2 2021. These are the devices that will kick off the update process:
- Mi 10T
- Mi 10T Pro
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Pro
- Mi 11
The second phase will begin at the backend of the Q2 2021 with the update supporting the following devices:
- Mi 10 Lite 5G
- Mi 10T Lite
- Mi Note 10 Pro
- Mi Note 10 Lite
- Redmi Note 9T
- Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Redmi Note 9S
- Redmi Note 9
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi 9
We presume Xiaomi plans to add more devices to the list once the rollout process begins. Devices already running MIUI 12 are the most likely candidates in terms of compatibility with the next version of MIUI mobile firmware in 2021.