Here is an easy way to unlock Galaxy Z Fold 3 Bootloader in 2022. Unlocking the bootloader is a prerequisite to preparing your Android device to root. There is no doubt that Samsung is steaming ahead of the competition for foldable smartphones. Last year, the South Korean company extended its lead in the foldable handset sphere with the excellent Galaxy Z Fold 3 release. According to consensus, those looking for the best foldable can’t go wrong with the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 device. And with the Android-based firmware, you can perform even more customization tasks if you unlock the bootloader on Galaxy Z Fold 3 mobile.
Thankfully, the process of unlocking the bootloader is so simple that even an average user can apply it on their Galaxy Z Fold 3. Still, here is a guide for you to make sure that everything goes smoothly without error.
How To Unlock Galaxy Z Fold 3 Bootloader
Before you proceed, it is essential to note that bootloader unlock will wipe out existing data on your phone. Therefore, ensure to create a data backup.
After backing up everything, follow these steps to unlock the Galaxy Z Fold 3 bootloader on stock firmware:
- On your phone, open Settings.
- Scroll down and navigate to About Phone > Software Information.
- Now tap the Build Number seven times to enable the Developer Option.
- Once done, return to the main Settings menu, scroll down, and tap Developer Options.
- Then allow the toggle next to OEM Unlocking.
- With that done, power off your device.
- Press the volume up and volume down buttons together as your plugin your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Press and hold the volume up button again upon viewing a warning message.
- Your phone will now show the Unlock Bootloader prompt. When that happens, press and hold the volume up button; to unlock the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
- Wait for the process to complete, after which your device will reboot automatically and boot into the firmware.
- That’s all.
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. Your handset is ready for root with Magisk.