If you own a T-Mobile OnePlus 6T smartphone and want to remove carrier branding on it without having to unlock the bootloader or SIM unlock, this is the guide for you. In the US, T-Mobile is a major carrier partner of OnePlus phones with a substantial user-base. If you’re one of them and want to debrand OnePlus 6T T-Mobile but while keeping the bootloader and SIM locked to keep the device’s warranty active, follow the instructions below to remove carrier branding.
Carrier-locked phones come with a specific set of restrictions that vary from device to device. Many users crave the freedom which an unlocked phone provides in terms of usage, features, and operations. OnePlus 6T is one of the best selling Android phones.
T-Mobile also follows the same pattern when it comes to selling Android phones in the U.S. If you’ve bought a new OnePlus 6T that is locked to a contract with T-Mobile, you’ve probably noticed the brand logo in the bootup screen.
Most users don’t have issues with carrier branding. However, there are those who like to use their phone without additional branding baked on top of the original state. But in order to remove the original branding to load the international version of the ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader, which is not possible without SIM unlock. And where SIM unlock is involved, don’t expect T-Mobile to be enthusiastic about supporting it.
A few Android developers got together to figure out a way to debrand the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T that doesn’t require bootloader unlock. The method they shared is explained below in simple terms so that anyone can easily apply it to their devices.
Remove OnePlus 6T T-Mobile Carrier Branding To Unlock Phone
Before proceeding, make a note that unlocking T-Mobile OnePlus 6T will reset your phone. So make sure to backup all data and files to save important information against data loss. We take no responsibility for any damage to your device that may result by following the steps below. Use your own discretion.
- Qualcomm drivers | Oneplus_Qualcomm_Driver.rar
- MsmDownload Tool | 6T_MsmDownloadTool_v4.0.58_OOS_v9.0.11.rar
- Patched flasher tools | Download Link
Steps To Install
- Download the files from the links shared above.
- Before anything else, install Qualcomm drivers.
- Now press and hold the power button. Tap on the power button to turn off your smartphone.
- When the phone is switched off, press and hold the volume up and down buttons together.
- Next, connect your phone to the computer while keep holding down the buttons.
- Extract the flasher drivers and copy them to the location where MsMDownloadTool is saved on your PC.
- Once done, double-click MsMDownloadTool V4.0_factory_patched.exe file and hit the Start button.
- The patch process will begin. Wait for it to complete and then restart your device.
Upon restart, you will notice no T-Mobile boot logo animation on the screen. This indicates that the patch has been successful. This is how you debrand your T-Mobile without unlocking the bootloader or SIM unlock to remove carrier branding.