Here is how to download macOS Big Sur without developer account for free. Apple has announced a brand new operating system for Mac, iMac, MacBook, and MacBook Pro devices. You can follow the instructions in a step by step guide below to learn how to install macOS Big Sur without developer account on Mac.
The macOS Big Sur has a new interface design with plenty of new features. The stock app icons in the macOS Dock now resemble their counterparts in iOS. It can be argued that this is the biggest macOS update that Apple has rolled out in years.
Let’s begin with the main features of the macOS 2020 version.
macOS Big Sur New Features:
Here is what’s new in the macOS Big Sur 2020 operating system from Apple:
- Control Center which works like the one in iOS and has shortcuts to adjust brightness, Dark Mode, Night Shift, and other toggles.
- New Widgets with customization options and add new ones to the Notification Center.
- New UI elements including the Messages app and the Maps app revamp.
- Faster Safari browser.
- New Safari features that include iCloud Keychain support, enhanced privacy options, app extensions updates, support for Chrome extensions, website previews, and more. Moreover, you can set the background image for the start page. A translation tab with real-time language conversions capabilities.
- Notification Center revamped interface that presents notifications in groups and attractive new widgets.
- Messages app now mirrors the iOS version in terms of features. Gives the ability to pin conversations, improved emoji share and GIF search, and much more.
Now let’s move to the macOS Big Sur device compatibility list.
macOS Big Sur Compatible Devices:
Apple has disappointed its users when it comes to providing software support that often stretches back to devices launched several years ago. Here is a complete list of devices compatible with macOS Big Sur beta and final versions.
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (2013 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (2013 or newer)
- Mac mini (2014 or newer)
- iMac (2014 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac Pro (2013 or newer)
If your Mac qualifies for the update, you are all set to install the latest Mac operating system to try new features.
- How To Download iOS 14 Beta 1 Without Developer Account (UDID) in 2020
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW, iPadOS 14 Beta 1 And Install 
- iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 New Features, Changelog And Release Notes 
- Download iOS 14 Official Stock Wallpapers On Any Device
- Download iOS 14 Beta / iPadOS 14 Beta OTA Update Without Losing Data 
- How To Install iOS 14 Beta 1 Using PC Windows 
- How To Downgrade iOS 14 Beta To iOS 13.5.1 On iPhone And iPad 
- iOS 14 Beta / iPadOS 14 Beta Clean Install On iPhone And iPad 
How To Download macOS Big Sur Without Developer Account:
The official macOS Big Sur beta update is available only to those who have an Apple Developer Account that costs $99/year. But if you don’t have access to an active developer ID, here are the steps to install macOS Big Sur beta without a developer account on your Mac.
Step 1 – First, make sure your device is compatible with macOS Big Sur. Do not forget to plug in your Mac to a power source to avoid unexpected shutdown due to battery drainage during the update process.
Step 2 – This is an early beta version so it might contain bugs and errors. Therefore, backup your data before proceeding further.
Step 3 – Now download the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility on your Mac.
Step 4 – Launch the utility on your device and install it by following the instructions on the setup wizard.
Step 5 – Register your Mac in Apple’s beta software program.
Step 6 – Now navigate to System Preferences > Software Update and wait for the macOS Big Sur update to show up on the screen.
Step 7 – Once the update is ready, click the Upgrade Now button and wait for the download to complete.
Step 8 – Once done, click install to initiate the upgrade process. Wait and relax while the OS update installs on your device.
Step 9 – That’s it.
You can now start using macOS Big Sur and its new features in all their glory. Enjoy!