Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how you can easily jailbreak iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPad Pro running iOS 12 – 12.1.2 firmware using Chimera tool.
The latest version of Chimera jailbreak is out now. It’s a semi-tethered exploit that liberates iOS devices powered by A12 and A12X bionic chips from Apple imposed restrictions on the firmware use. It works on iOS 12 all the way up to iOS 12.1.2 firmware version. Without wasting any further time, let’s start the process of using Chimera to jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 devices.
Jailbreak iOS 12 – 12.1.2 Using Chimera
This method will guide you through the steps required to download the Chimera IPA and use the tool to safely jailbreak iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone XR, 2018 iPad Pro, and older devices.
- Being by downloading Chimera jailbreak IPA here.
- Make sure to have Cydia Impactor installed on your PC Windows or Mac.
- Now connect your iOS 12 device to the computer via a lightning cable.
- Launch Cydia Impactor which will automatically detect the connected device upon recognition.
- Now head over to the location where you saved the IPA file to drag and drop it onto the interface of Cydia Impactor.
- Enter a working Apple ID and password when prompted and let Cydia install the app.
- Once the Chimera jailbreak is finished sideloading on your device, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and select the appropriate app profile from the list.
- Next, tap Trust button followed by pressing Trust again on the warning prompt.
- Now close the Settings app and open the Chimera app by tapping on its icon on the home screen.
- You will be greeted with a simple interface showing a jailbreak button in the middle of the screen. Tap on it.
- This will begin the Chimera jailbreak process in the background. You will receive a confirmation message once the device is successfully jailbroken.
- Upon exiting the app, you will notice a Sileo package manager app icon on the Home screen. If it doesn’t, restart your device and perform the jailbreak process again until it shows up.
- That’s it.
Your iOS 12 / 12.1.2 device is reading ready to install Sileo compatible jailbreak tweaks and packages.