Here is a guide on how you can easily get Chrome mobile app bookmarks to show on Chrome desktop browser in PC Windows and Mac. Chrome is the most popular web browser on both desktop and mobile platforms. You can automatically sync chrome mobile bookmarks to chrome desktop by following a few simple steps explained below.
On Android, Chrome usually comes as the default browser. On iOS, it is available to download from the App Store. In addition, Chrome is available for macOS and Windows.
Chrome’s revolutionary feature is the ease of syncing user data across multiple devices, which is one of the main reasons many prefer it over alternative options. Automatic syncing of browser history, bookmarks, auto-fill details, apps, extensions, and favorites across Chrome on different platforms saves users time. The same hallmark feature is likewise available for Android and iOS. Enabling this syncs your bookmarks saved in chrome mobile application to your desktop Chrome. Here are the steps.
Get Chrome Mobile Bookmarks On Chrome Desktop
- Open Chrome on your desktop.
- Click on the hamburger icon in the upper-right corner of the Chrome interface.
- Go to Settings and log in with a Google or Google Apps account.
- Open Chrome mobile app on your smartphone and sign in with the same Google account or Google Apps account you used in the desktop version.
- Now enable Sync by turning the toggle switch to ON position, if it’s disabled. Also, make sure ‘Bookmarks’ are set to sync.
You can choose to sync anything else as per your liking or leave the rest if you want your desktop browser to look tidy.
- Complete bookmark syncing process might take a few seconds to a couple of minutes depending on the number of mobile bookmarks being ported.
- Once the bookmarks are successfully copied, open the Chrome Bookmarks manager (Ctrl+Shigt+O) and you will see a new ‘Mobile bookmarks’ folder.
That’s it. All your bookmarks from your Android and/or iPhone will appear inside this folder. This folder containing all the sorted bookmarks will not show on the bookmark bar so you will have to access it from the bookmark manager to use these bookmarks.
Read more: Fix Scrolling Not Working In Google Chrome
The bookmarks inside the Mobile Bookmarks folder can be moved to any other folder but the ‘Mobile bookmarks’ folder itself can’t be moved. This limitation is inherent to Chrome since it needs to locate the Mobile bookmarks folder in its original place in order to sync bookmarks in the future.