OnePlus 6 users can follow the instructions in this tutorial to download and install Android Pie based LineageOS 16 custom ROM. Download Android Pie on OnePlus 6 via LineageOS 16 to get the latest Android firmware experience.
The Oneplus 6 is running on the Android Pie Open Beta 2, as of this writing. If the features in the OxygenOS based Android Pie don’t appeal to you, or want to try something new, then flash this more powerful LineageOS 16 ROM. Finally the wait is over. LineageOS 16 custom firmware for the OnePlus 6 is now available to download.
Also check: Download OnePlus 6 Stock Wallpapers
Although the ROM is still in its early stages of development, but most of its primary features work perfectly fine. LineageOS 16 for the OnePlus 6 is stable enough to use as your daily driver. It is easy to unblock bootloader and install a custom recovery on the OnePlus 6, thus making the process of custom ROM installation ridiculously simple. OnePlus 6 owners can use the step by step guide below to download Android Pie on OnePlus 6 via LineageOS 16.
LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 16
If you are new to Android custom firmware/ROM arena, LineageOS 16 is a popular custom ROM that offers powerful tweaks and device customization tools in addition to the stock firmware features. It is the most stable custom ROM for Android smartphones. The latest version of the LineageOS is based on Android Pie. The official version of LineageOS 16 hasn’t been released yet. The unofficial versions are already doing rounds on various Android forums on the internet, including the OnePlus 6.
This custom ROM for OnePlus 6 has only one feature that doesn’t work. The color calibration settings is not up to the mark yet. All other major features including WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, RIL, Audio and video playback, NFC, Fingerprint scanner, and others run just as fine as on the official stock firmware.
Now let’s move ahead towards the steps required to install LineageOS 16 on the Oneplus 6. It is important to note that despite being a stable ROM, it is still a custom firmware which is very much a work-in-progress. So use it only if you are comfortable with experimenting with your device’s operating system and have a prior experience with custom ROMs. That said, i have found it to be extremely reliable during my daily use. It is very easy to install and set up this ROM. So pay close attention while implementing the following instructions during the custom ROM flashing process.
Download Android Pie on OnePlus 6 [LineageOS 16 Custom ROM]
Early preparations are important to ensure successful installation.
1 – This ROM is only for the OnePlus 6.
2 – Backup your Oneplus 6 device data.
3 – Make sure your phone has over 50% battery charge left.
4 – Use the original OEM data cable to connect your smartphone to the computer during the set up process.
8 – Follow the instructions carefully. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
- Download your favorite Gapps package for LineageOS 16 Android Pie from the links below. Make sure to install the right package based on your device architecture, i.e., ARM or ARM 64.
Android Pie Gapps for ARM Devices:
|Package Name||ARM – Android Pie|
Android Pie Gapps for ARM64 Devices:
|Package Name||ARM 64 – Android Pie|
- Also download the latest LineageOS 16,zip file.
Copy both Gapps and custom ROM files to your OnePlus 6.
Install LineageOS 16 on OnePlus 6
- Make sure TWRP recovery is installed on your phone.
- Also ensure that the required files are saved in your device.
- Now power off your OnePlus 6.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button to boot into the TWRP recovery menu.
- In TWRP, click on Install > Install zip > Locate and select the LineageOS 16 firmware file. Swipe to flash this file.
- Next, flash the Gapps for Android Pie. This is important if you want Google services and apps to work on the new custom ROM.
- Once done, return to the main menu in TWRP and click Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache & Dalvik Cache and swipe on the screen perform the function.
- In the end, reboot your OnePlus 6 back into the main firmware. That’s all.
The installation of LineageOS 16 on the OnePlus 6 is now complete. If the ROM installation doesn’t work or you don’t like the custom firmware, you can flash the stock firmware on your device to return your device back to the original state. Leave a comment below to let us know about your thoughts on this custom ROM, or send your questions, if you have any.