Some Settings are Hidden or Managed by your Organization is a common issue on Windows powered devices, especially on Windows 10 PCs. Some settings are managed by your organization prevents you to turn notifications on or off, users can’t managed privacy settings, Windows updates and many other important system functions. This is why it is important to known how to fix some settings are managed by your organization on your Windows 10 device.
I am sharing this solution about the problem because of my personal experience with it. I’ve faced this issue numerous times which really started to annoy me until i managed to find a way to solve it. I found it quite upsetting that despite implementing several methods it failed to fix some settings are managed by your organization. So when i tried to disable notifications from Windows 10 settings, it didn’t work. At long last, i managed to unearth working methods to fix this issue. Now, i am going to share the same with you guys.
Before learning how to troubleshoot this problem, you should be aware of the underlying cause.
What Causes Some Setting are Managed by your Organization
To be honest, i cannot point out the specific reason. But my best guess is, it has something to do with my own actions. I added one of my work account (email@example.com). Soon afterwards Windows 10 showed a message prompting me to change windows policy for security reason. This could the reason why i lost control to notification settings. Or perhaps, the latest Windows 10 update was the main culprit. I am not sure, but let’s look at the solutions one by one.
How to Fix Some Settings are Hidden and Managed by your Organization on Windows 10 – PC/Laptop
There are three troubleshooting methods explained below. All of them may not work for you, so try each one by one until you find the exact solution. The ultimate solution depends on the way you are accessing settings that are hidden or managed by your organization. You can fix this problem by either making some changes to the group policy or tweaking registry. Here are the method to get rid of this problem.
1 – Group Policy Editor
Using Group policy editor is recommended for those looking for the easiest way to removing this issue. Making some changes to the Group policy editor can fix some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. Here is the step by step solution.
- Click Start menu and type gpedit.msc.
- Right-click on gpedit.msc and Run as administrator.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collect and Preview Builds.
- Locate Allow Telemetry and double click on it.
- Change its setting to Enabled and click on Options drop-down box to select the number 3 entry Full.
- Click Apple and OK button.
- Now open the file again by following the same steps above and this time change Enabled to Not Configured.
- Now check to see if the problem is solved.
This method may not work in some cases. So you need to perform some extra steps. Actions performed in the Group policy editor depends on where you are facing Some settings are managed by your organization issue.
If this problem shows in windows update, follow these steps:
- Open gpedit.msc (see steps above on how to do it).
- Go to Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows update.
- Double click on Configure Automatic Updates.
- Check Not Configured.
- Hit Apply and OK button.
For desktop background change window, use these steps:
- Heave over to Adminstrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Prevent changing desktop background.
- Set this as Not Configured or Disabled.
- Hit OK button.
For notification window, go to:
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications > Turn off toast notifications
For lock screen settings:
- Go to Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Prevent changing Lock screen image
- Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Do not display the Lock screen.
- Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Prevent changing theme
In all cases mentioned above, set the settings as Disabled or Not Configured. Check this list for group policy and registry locations. This will help you see all settings and remove settings are hidden or managed by your organization issue.
2 – Change Registry Setting
This problem can also be fixed by making some changes to your registry settings. Follow the instructions below.
- Open Run dialogue box – pressing Windows Key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Type regedit and press enter.
- Now head over to the location where you are encountering the problem. So if it appears in the notification settings, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications in registry editor.
- Now double click on NoToastApplicationNotification.
- Next, change its value 1 to 0, 1 is default value, make it 0.
- Hit OK.
- Once done, sign out of your Microsoft account and sign in again.
- See if the problem has gone.
Similarly, for wallpaper settings, go to SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop and change the value 0 to 1 and see if this work. If it does, you can change wallpapers and background other than the one chosen by your organization.
If none of the above method work, try the next solution.
3 – Make Changes to Privacy Settings
- Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.
- Change the Diagnostic and usage data setting to Full.
Wrapping Things Up
Some users are reporting these methods don’t work for them. It could be because your Windows is not updated. I hope this helped you to remove this problem from your device.
So these are the method to fix Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. Microsoft Support Forum has more on this issue, so do check it out, if needed.