Final Fantasy game series is among the most beloved franchises ever. Fans eagerly await the arrival of new versions of the game with a revamped take on their favorite characters. For those among us, the developer of the Final Fantasy franchise has rolled out the latest entry as Final Fantasy VIII Remastered now live on both iOS and Android platforms.
As part of the promotion effort, the game is currently available at a discount price. iPhone and Android users can purchase Final Fantasy VIII Remastered mobile version for $16.99. However, the game price will go up to $20.99 after 4 April. So better hurry before it’s too late.
Here is what you need to know about Final Fantasy VIII’s debut on mobile.
About Final Fantasy VIII Mobile:
Before remastered iteration arrived for smartphone and tablet devices, the game already established itself as a household name on console.
The very first original title was launched on the PlayStation in 1999. Soon after its release, it amassed a cult following which catapulted it to the ranks of most recognized classic games of all time.
There is no doubt that mobile gaming is all the rage these days. This much is clear when taking into account that many established game developers are porting their popular titles over to the mobile arena. We have already witnessed this trend galloping with the launch of games like Genshin Impact, Pokemon, The Witcher, Diablo Immortal, Dragon Raja, Dota Underlords, League of Legends, and others on Android and iOS.
And now, Final Fantasy fans finally get the chance to get their hands on the fully optimized remastered rendition.
Yes, you can now play Final Fantasy VIII on the move!
Developer Square Enix, hot on the heels of launching Tomb Raider Reloaded on mobile, is bringing another one of its famous properties from Xbox One, PS4, and Switch.
Previously issued on PC and consoles back in September 2019, this is the first time Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is coming to mobile.
If you want to learn more about the gameplay, we have got you covered so keep reading.
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launch Trailer:
Final Fantasy VIII was first released on February 11, 1999. Beloved by fans, this title has garnered a great deal of popularity even compared to other installments in the Final Fantasy franchise, selling more than 9.6 million units worldwide.
And now players can enjoy Final Fantasy VIII on their smartphone!
With renewed character CG, the world of Final Fantasy VIII is now more beautiful than ever before.
This installment is a remaster of Final Fantasy VIII for PC. This application is a one-time purchase. There will be no additional charge incurred after downloading.
- Jetpack Joyride 2 Beta APK Is Out In Australia, New Zealand, Canada! Learn More Here
- Pokemon Unite Beta APK Is Out In Canada! Learn More Here
- Diablo Immortal Alpha APK Out! Learn More Here
- How To Install Fortnite On iPhone And iPad Without Jailbreak 
- Just Cause: Mobile For Android And iOS Announced! Learn More Here
- Racing Master Pre-Registration Is Now Open! Learn More Here
It is a time of war.
The Republic of Galbadia, under the influence of the sorceress Edea, mobilizes its great armies against the other nations of the world.
Squall and other members of SeeD, an elite mercenary force, join hands with Rinoa, a resistance fighter, to fight against Galbadia’s tyrannical rule and to prevent Edea from fulfilling her ultimate goal.
Guardian Force (G.F.)
G.F. has summoned creatures in Final Fantasy VIII used to protect the protagonists.
Call upon them in the battle to unleash their might and to increase their power alongside player characters.
By functioning G.F., players will be able to enjoy greater freedom in how they approach battles.
Obtain magic in Final Fantasy VIII by drawing (extracting) it in battle.
MP does not exist and players are limited to the number they have in their possession.
Magic that has been extracted can be released on the spot or stocked for later use.
This system allows players to equip G.F. and stocked magic to characters in order to increase their power.
- Battle Assist – Max out HP and ATB gauge during battle and activate Limit Breaks at any time.
- No Encounters – Players can choose to turn Battle Encounters on or off.
- 3x Speed – With the exception of certain cutscenes, players can choose to proceed through the game at 3x speed.
That said, there appears to be a slight glitch. If you hover over to the game’s note page on the App Store, it highlights the following few bugs that may impair the playing experience. So be sure to read the passage carefully in advance to ensure it is worth paying the $16.99 asking price.
* Entering or leaving vehicles such as cars and the Garden may occasionally get your character stuck between the vehicle and terrain features, or freeze the vehicle in place. This seems to happen more often when you leave your vehicle in close proximity to impassable terrain, or when you try to enter or leave your vehicle during certain scripted events. Currently, the only fix for this is to reload a previously saved game, so please make sure to save your progress often.
There are updates in the pipeline that should address some of these issues along with adding new features as well. Handheld controller support and cloud save chief among them.
You can grab the Final Fantasy VIII Remastered version for Android on the Google Play Store. iPhone users can head over to the Apple App Store to download it on iOS devices.