Here is what you need to download and clean install the new iOS 15 beta and iPadOS 15 beta onto your iPhone and iPad. If you own an Apple smartphone or tablet and want to fresh start on iOS version 15 without firmware bloat, follow the steps in the tutorial below to perform a clean installation of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 betas with all the updated features and new additions to the latest version of recently released iOS mobile operating system.
Looking for the best way to set up iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 without errors and installation issues? Then keep reading to learn the whole process as explained in simple-to-follow instructions that anyone can easily apply to fresh install iOS 15.
Clean Install iOS 15 Beta And iPadOS 15 Beta Without Installation Errors And Performance Issues:
Of course, the overwhelming majority of users would opt for the over-the-air updates to install iOS 15 beta and iPadOS 15 beta. Understandable, considering the ease and convenience the method offers which requires no computer or cables to flash IPSW files.
But, downloading an update over the air comes with its own set of downsides, such as missing out on all the benefits of a clean installation. Or, a fresh installation that removes junk, bloat, and other hidden bugs that accumulate over the duration of device usage.
That said, the process of downloading and installing iOS 15 beta and iPadOS 15 beta from scratch is far from straightforward. It involves fetching an IPSW to your computer, setting up a developer account with Xcode beta program, connecting your iPhone and iPad to a Mac using a USB-C or Lightning cable, and finally restoring all data using Finder. If this does not seem too daunting, then following the instructions below.
Check Your iPhone And iPad Compatibility
The first step is to make sure you have a compatible iPhone and iPad, without which it is not possible to test iOS 15 beta and iPadOS 15 beta. To check out whether your device makes the cut, check out a complete list of supported devices that work with the latest firmware update in the link below.
Sign Up For Apple Developer Program Account ID
The second step requires you to have access to an operational account linked to Apple Developer Program. To sign up for one, if you haven’t already done so, click here.
Setup Xcode Beta
The third step in the process involves downloading Xcode beta on your Mac and set up the software using your credentials.
Backup Your Data
Fourth, to protect your data from getting lost if things go haywire during the installation process, it is important that you create a full backup using iCloud, iTunes, or Finder.
Download iOS 15 And iPadOS 15 Beta IPSW File
The fifth step includes downloading IPSW files for iOS 15 beta and iPadOS 14 beta using the instructions below:
- Step 1: Go to developer.apple.com/programs/ and create a new ID in Apple Developer Program or log in using your existing account credentials.
- Step 2: Next, you’ll need to enter the UDID of the device onto which you want to install IOS 15 beta or IPADOS beta. To find the UDID, connect your device to your computer, launch iTunes or Finder, select your iPhone or iPad, and then click on the serial number for it to see the UDID.
- Step 3: Now, on the developer program website, go to the main Account section and select the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles option. Once done, click on Devices from the left panel.
- Step 4: From the right-hand panel, hit on the “+” icon and enter the UDID in the relevant field.
- Step 5: After entering your device’s UDID, head over to developer.apple.com/dowload/ and select your device from the drop-down list to begin downloading the iOS 15 beta IPSW and iPadOS 15 beta IPSW for your iPhone and iPad.
- Step 6: Once the download is complete, extract the IPSW file from the zip folder.
- Step 7: Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes with the latest pre-release build of Xcode ready on your desktop or laptop.
- Step 8: That’s it.
Clean Install iOS 15 Beta / iPadOS 15 Beta
Now to restore iOS 15 beta and iPadOS 15 beta or fresh beginning, see the following steps:
- Step 1: Make sure you have your iPhone or iPad connected to your Mac using USB-C or Lightning cable.
- Step 2: Open Finder and click on your device from the left panel.
- Step 3: Keep pressing down the left Option key on your keyboard and hit the Restore iPhone button.
- Step 4: Select the iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 beta IPSW file you saved on your computer and wait for the installation to complete.
- Step 5: That’s all.
The entire process may take some time to complete, so exercise patience. Also, note that Apple’s servers lift immense load immediately following a new firmware rollout. So, if the installation grinds to a halt, keep that scenario in view.