If you own a OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T smartphone and looking to improve performance and battery life, there is a useful tool that can get the job done. I have shared the download link for Arter97 Kernel along with the instructions to install it on OnePlus 6 & 6T devices. Latest phones from OnePlus have enough power on top of substantial battery life that can manage most daily tasks without issues. However, if for some reason your device is lagging or you want to extract more mileage out of your handset, Arter97 kernel is the one tool capable of solving many of your problems regarding the faster phone.
Both OnePlus 6 and 6T were released in a space of six months last year. Android 9.0 Pie powered handheld devices run on custom OxygenOS ROM. Snappy Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with Adreno 630 handle all the processing tasks on new models. OnePlus stock camera and music player apps come with updates to their interface and additional features.
Available in 6GB and 8GB of RAM variants and 64, 128, 256GB storage configurations, OnePlus 6 lineup caters to different market segments. On the back, there is a dual-camera setup featuring 16MP and 20MP sensors, while on the front there is a 16MP front-facing camera.
The smaller OnePlus 6 has a 6.29-inch Super AMOLED display and a 3300mAh battery, whereas the OnePlus 6T has a bigger 3700mAh battery to supplement the larger screen. As for performance, you can safely bet on both models. Fully customized OxygenOS firmware and beefier RAM ensure crisp handling of daily tasks and intensive load when using multiple apps or games simultaneously.
That said, if you’re of the view that it is not possible to take already fast OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T to the next level, you might want to hold that thought. A custom kernel, Arter97, acts to make your phone run faster. This popular custom kernel tool has been serving Android phone users for many years now. Aimed to help enhance the speed and performance of an Android smartphone, Arter97 is now available for both OnePlus 6 & 6T.
Features of Arter97 Kernel for OnePlus 6 / 6T
- Improved device memory management
- SafetyCheck Passer
- Power saving at both low and high display brightness
- UFS optimization
- Systemless installation support
- Device optimization from Paranoid
- DM-verity disabled
- Memory killer (like the one available on Pixel phones)
Arter97 kernel systemless installation means it won’t make modifications to the system files during the setup process thus minimizing risks of malfunction and damage to your device’s firmware.
How To Get Arter 97 on OnePlus 6 and 6T
According to its developers, this custom kernel works with the OxygenOS ROM as well as other ROMs. As is the case with flashing any custom file, the installation process for Arter97 isn’t without risks, especially if you don’t follow the steps accurately.
OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T use the same chipset. This means you can flash the same kernel file on both phones.
- Download and install the latest TWRP custom recovery for your phone. Skip this step if you have already done so.
- Download the custom kernel file from the link above.
- Power off your device by pressing and holding the Power button.
- When the device switches off, press and hold the volume down + power keys together to enter your device into the recovery mode.
- Now on the main menu, tap Install button and select the kernel file by navigating to the location where you saved it.
- Swipe to start the file flashing process and wait for it to complete.
That all. Once the kernel and modified TWRP with f2fs support install, it is all set to run on your device. To verify the proper installation of the new recovery, boot your device into recovery mode and see the TWRP name version. The name should show as arter97-f2fs.