Apex Legends Season 9 will start rolling out beginning next month. Starting from May, players of the hit battle royale game can pick a character named “Valkyrie” with special skills and powers. As for the mobile version, Electronic Arts finally confirms previous unofficial reports that the Apex Legends Mobile version is releasing soon as the beta pre-registration channel opens for those interested. Let’s dive into the details for more.
The all-new season 9 of PUBG and Fornite alternative is here! Titled “Legacy”, the latest season will drop in early May. As usual, developers EA and Respawn have dished out details about everything new gamers can expect.
Like previous updates, developers are unveiling a new legend. This time, a highly intelligent smuggler known as Valkyrie, enters the scene. Valkyrie’s real name is Kairi Imahara.
As shown in an animated short accompanying the announcement, Kairi happens to be the daughter of the venerated Titan pilot. However, life’s unexpected circumstances brought a twist resulting in her father disappearing leaving no trace but a lot of questions behind.
See below a full clip introducing Valkyrie to the world.
Some intriguing early glimpses indicate that this next installment of Apex Legends will further strengthen ties to Titanfall than in previous iterations.
As far as Valkyrie’s powers are concerned, not much information is out there yet. That said, a sneak preview highlight some aspects of her repertoire including the ability to fly and control a gadget that resembles a jetpack or drone.
Here’s more info on Apex Legends: Legacy season 9 features:
- New Legend: Valkyrie – Bold, brash, fiery and fierce, Kairi Imahara grew up in the shadow of her father’s legacy. But now she’s ready to launch her own.
- Infested Olympus – An infestation has sprung loose, strangling the city with roots and natural growths.
- New Weapon: Bocek Bow – A powerful and deadly weapon, for those with the skill to wield it. Capable of inflicting tremendous damage at medium range, you’ll need to make each shot count.
- Legacy Battle Pass – Battle through Daily and Weekly Challenges to earn unique rewards like Apex Packs, XP Boosts, and skins!
- Legacy Ranked – Provide yourself in Ranked and go down as one of the greats.
That’s not it. Curiously enough, besides the above features, Respawn’s director of community Ryan K. Rigney assures fans that “one more pretty huge thing” is coming a week’s time.
The next seasonal update for Apex is so wild that we aren’t calling it season 09. It’s Apex Legends: Legacy or “the Legacy update.” Coming May 4th.
— Ryan K. Rigney (@RKRigney) April 19, 2021
Absent details on the surprise element, we presume Apex Legends is about to receive a 3v3 arena mode in the upcoming season. Of course, you should take our guess with a grain of salt until Respawn makes it official.
- Diablo Immortal Alpha APK Out! Learn More Here
- Rocket League Sideswipe Alpha APK Is Out! Learn More Here
- Jetpack Joyride 2 Beta APK Is Out In Australia, New Zealand, Canada! Learn More Here
- Pokemon Unite Beta APK Is Out In Canada! Learn More Here
Oh, and one more thing! Respawn has put its own stamp on Apex Legends Mobile! The revamped version designed to run on small screen devices such as smartphones and tablets is about to undergo beta testing. Players in India and Phillippines can get their hands on the mobile version later this month. In other locations, the mobile game launch will roll out in phases throughout the year.
Apex Legends is already out on Xbox One, PS4, PC, and Switch. On PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, it is playable via backward compatibility. Mark May 4 on your calendar to download the Legacy update.