Amazon Alexa application is now available on Android and iOS platforms. Amazon Mobile LLC has rolled out the latest version of Amazon Alexa app for smartphone and tablet. Alexa is a virtual voice assistant used to set up, connect and communicate with Alexa-enabled devices. The Alexa app allows users to send voice commands to listen to music, play and pause the video or audio tracks, control supported smart devices. The artificial intelligence behind Alexa keeps improving as you interact more with it. Your search history, voice, vocabulary, and personal preferences are fed into the Alexa system which then uses complex algorithms to produce customized and accurate search results. You can now download Amazon Alexa from Google Play Store or Apple iTunes. But on Android side, you get an option to manually install Alexa using Amazon Alexa Apk from the link below. The full version of Amazon Alexa Apk is free. See how to install it on any Android device to enjoy the latest features. But before that, here is an overview of the app’s features.
Table of Contents
Amazon Alexa App
Amazon Alexa is one of the popular voice assistant tools. The AI running in the background of the app accurately picks up your commands to produce accurate results. Once you have installed Amazon Alexa on your Android device, you can easily communicate with devices supported by the service by sending voice commands.
Amazon Echo devices are the prime target of this app. It helps you personalize your recommendations. Discover Alexa services, enable them on your device. and resume from where you left off directly from the home feed. It plays your shopping lists, music played, books picked up, movies, and much more.
Setting up your daily schedule and have it spoken out through voice replies sets you free from the trouble of having to pick up your device and see the items on the list one by one. You can send or receive calls, text messages and emails to and from Alexa supported devices.
Amazon Alexa Version
This update of Amazon Alexa features:
Discover a more personal app experience
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
• View past Alexa activities such as recipes, Skills updates and movie show times under Activity in the left navigation menu
• Easily control volume for devices in use directly from the device settings page
Update release: December 24, 2018
More details: Google Play Store
Download and Install Amazon Alexa Apk for Android
Before installing Amazon Alexa app update, you have to make sure that your phone has permission to install third-party apps.
- Open your device’s settings.
- Tap “Security” in the “Personal” section.
- Slide “Unknown Sources” to “On”.
- Tap “OK” to confirm your changes.
After allowing Unknown Sources, you can install the APK file of Amazon Alexa.
- Open your “File Manager” or “File Explorer”.
- Go to the directory where you have saved the downloaded APK file. (Usually in “Downloads” folder)
- Tap the APK file.
- Tap “Install”.
- Wait for it finish downloading and launch the app from the app drawer.